« Marine Parents United Conference 2006 | Main | Last minute Operation Santa request from the sandbox »

December 09, 2005

A Marine Dad responds to Representative Jack Murtha

I've heard from a number of Marines and Marine parents who were outraged at Representative John Murtha's challenge to President Bush. The following was recently sent to Rep. Murtha by a proud Marine Dad who put those feelings into this eloquent letter:

Representative Murtha:

During the dark days of the American Revolution the Commanding General, George Washington, seemed unable to win any victories. There were wholesale desertions, troops were starving, the fledgling government was sporadic with money, food and ammunition in short supply. Out of this darkness emerged a genuine American Hero. This officer brilliantly led his troops in combat and though seriously, and almost mortally wounded, won victory after victory for the desperate and beleaguered American Continental Army.

After helping to turn the tide of war in the favor of the Americans, this officer's fame grew as did his prestige, but his prowess on the battlefield, his courage under fire and indeed all of his life, is forgotten because of one act. His name is now synonymous with "traitor" in the dictionary. General Benedict Arnold, like you, had a brilliant military career of courage, honor, and sacrifice. Like you, in my opinion, he was a traitor to his country and to his oath as an American soldier. It is indeed fitting that you are member of the same political party as another traitor and seditionist, former Lieutenant John Kerry USN, who betrayed his country, not only on the very floor of the House of Representatives that you now serve, but also, secretly, in the presence of our enemies in Paris, France.

Unlike you, he is a self proclaimed warrior and you earned your decorations, but the pair of you forgot one important thing. The United States of America and indeed the world are at war. We are at war with an implacable enemy. An enemy of racist, bigoted, fanatics whose sole goal in life is to destroy the people of the United States of America, their culture and their religion. More American civilians have died on U.S. soil in this war than died on our shores in World War I, World War II, Korea, Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, and Dessert Storm put together.

We are at war, Murtha, and your actions and conduct give aid and comfort to our enemies. Just in case you have forgotten the definition of treason and sedition, I have attached Webster's definition as Tabs A and B to this letter.

A wise man once said, "There are no former Marines, only dead Marines." He was wrong. You are not a Marine. You have lost the right to use that title. You have dishonored all of those who have fought and died up to the day you stood on the floor of the House of Representatives and demanded that we withdraw immediately. You lied to the press, when you said you did not make that statement. I watched you make that statement. Albeit your Bill, submitted, which I have also read, added a caveat, "as soon as practicable." That is pure horseshit and you know it.

Yes, Representative Murtha, you have given aid and comfort to our enemies in a time of war. You have given them hope, which they have fast been losing, due to all of the victories and sacrifice by our sons and daughters on the field of battle in Iraq and Afghanistan. You have been honored by our enemies on the front page of Al Jazeera. Kerry has a hallowed spot in the Hall of Heroes in the Museum of the Revolution in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

No, you are no longer a Marine. Your soul is dead. Your honor is dead, and without a soul or honor, you are nothing.

Be advised, my son is a Marine Officer. He has commanded men in battle through two (2) tours and he is due to return to Iraq on a third tour. If he should be harmed in any way as a result of your actions on the floor of the House this week, I will do everything in my power to see to it that you are driven from office and that you are charged and tried for treason and sedition.

The Marine Officer whose message was read on the House Floor by fellow member of Congress, Jean Schmidt, was right. You are a coward. Marines do not cut and run.

Fortunately, your obesity prevents you from wearing your Marine Uniform with even a semblance of pride, but I know your face. If I am in a room when you arrive, you will not enter. If you are in a room, when I arrive, you will leave. It is as simple as that.

OUT.

LTC Christopher J. Stark IN USAR

When my son was home recently over Thanksgiving, he heard several opinions from well meaning people regarding our troops' presence in Iraq. I've heard those same opinions myself a number of times. In contrast to those who feel our troops should be brought home, my Marine absolutely believes in this mission. And, he has the moral standing to make that statement since he has been over there twice and will return next year for his third deployment.

Listen to the troops. They know what is going on. They can see the progress that is not being reported by major media . . . both in winning hearts and minds of the Iraqi people, and the training up of the Iraqi Army. It's significant. And it's too bad that Rep. Murtha refuses to acknowledge the incredible achievements made by our troops. Parents whose sons and daughters have made the ultimate sacrifice and who continue to support the not only the troops who are still there but their mission. More on that later this week, but Representative Murtha does not represent the views of the Stark family, or the Conrad family, or so many other families who have far more to lose than the Murtha family.

I applaud Murtha for his service during VietNam, but given that experience, he should know better. Shame on him.

Posted by Deb at December 9, 2005 09:08 AM

Trackback Pings

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Comments

How pathetic - this dad is happy for his son to get blown to smither-Marines for nothing. Every Marine who died in Iraq died for NOTHING. Every Marine who lost an arm and or a leg and or a mind in Iraq lost it for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

What sort of father wants his son to die for nothing?

Posted by: mary at December 9, 2005 01:18 PM

Thank you, Mary.
You're quite obviously an expert on nothing.

Posted by: Carrie at December 10, 2005 08:40 AM

It takes all kinds -- and yes, the First Amendment assures commenter Mary the right to speak her mind -- but how rude of a guest on your wonderful, inspiring blog to relieve herself on your carpet.

Thank you, Deb, for this awesome post.

Posted by: Sissy Willis at December 10, 2005 11:34 AM

I could not have said it better then you did regarding Murtha. We pray and thank your son for what he does for our country

Posted by: Jeremy at December 10, 2005 11:58 AM

Col Stark is right Murtha has besmirched the honor and integrity of all Marines those presently serving and those, like myself, who once stood in the long blue line. Marines don't cut and run, we stand and fight, completing the mission set before us, or die trying. Leaving Iraq now would be snatching bitter defeat from the jaws of victory. Never again would any country trust us to stay the course if we ever again attempt something so necessary as we are doing there...freedom isn't free and every generation has to pay the price. It's time for us, the children and grandchildren of the "greatest generation" to pay that price and in doing so, free a portion of the world that has never known freedom such was Mr. Murtha and his ilk have.

Posted by: Richard A. Vail, LCpl, USMC (Former) at December 10, 2005 01:00 PM

I don't know how to break it to y'all, but we've already lost in Iraq. Why are you guys hell bent on wasting more money and lives there? Do you really think that it honors the memories of the Marines who have already died there to sent more to die in vain? Why are you so eager to send more Americans to be cannon fodder?

Posted by: matt at December 10, 2005 02:52 PM

Wish I could be so eloquent and calm! My son's are currently in the Corp in Afghanistan and I am so angry at rep. murtha I wish he were there and maybe take Kerry with him! I suspect Kerry would have to be dragged kiking and screaming, but so be it! I consider murtha to be one of the few, an EX Marine!
Semper Fi!

Posted by: Clyde Salley Jr. USMC Ret. at December 10, 2005 03:53 PM

Mary, Your son won't have to worry, he is probably in Canada where you should be! Thank God there have been people like our my Father, myself and my son's willing to make sure you have the right to be the ass you obviously are!

Posted by: Clyde Salley Jr. USMC Ret. at December 10, 2005 04:32 PM

You would make great mine detecter material!

Posted by: Clyde Salley Jr. USMC Ret. at December 10, 2005 04:37 PM

As a World War II vet, I agree with the Marines Dad. Murtha is a disgrace, as is Kerry,Bill and Hilary Clinton, Ted KennedyAnd all the other liberal representatives in congress. They should spend some time on the front lines where the action is and look at the people we are trying to help.My battalion was attached to the 3rd Marine Division and the word retreat was not in their vocabulary.I`m sure the Marines have disavowed Murtha by now. As a former Navy man I have diavowed Kerry, whom I consider a "traitor".

Posted by: John Nappi at December 10, 2005 05:24 PM

The only place we're losing this war is in your mind.
If you look at the world through a straw, I suppose I can see why you'd think the way you do.

The Internet is a wonderful thing and there's so much to read about Iraq, the people and the servicemen and women who are participating.
Try to read somewhere else besides DU, Kos, etc., to blogs written by one of those servicemembers. You found this site and it's a good resource if you'd take the time to read it instead of kneejerking your way through the comments section in that three year old temper tantrum kind of way.
Try that instead of being absolutely rude to people you don't know anything about. Your take on the positions of those here is so arrogant and ignorant that I hope Mommy takes away your tv time for it.

Posted by: Carrie at December 11, 2005 07:33 AM

"Every Marine, Soldier, what have you, who was killed or injured in Iraq, got exactly what they deserved. - Alfredo Stroessner"

P*nis envy is such a terrible thing Alfred! heh!

Unfortunately for you every Marine, Sailor, what have you that has been killed or injured has and will continue to be avenged at a rate that will stress the tax on providing virgins to unbelievable proportions. Now doesn't that just really suck Alfred?

Wanna' hook up somewhere and say that to my face?

Yeah, that's what I thought. Another keyboard warrior from the Bedwetter Society of the Left. Oh whatever happened to the "Loyal Opposition"? Real men and women of ideas? Instead we get this hysterical pantywaist infantile bunch of whiners. My how times have changed!

But you know Alfred, you can do something about all us bad ol' American Aggressors. You can grab an AK 47 and come fight us to throw us out of anywhere. Stand up for your principles man! Grow some hair on your chest and take it to us. Just be aware that we will be waiting, breathlessly, with eager anticipation! :-o

No blood for oil! Americans are imperialists! Camels are being raped! Yawn!

Hey Alfred, I hear there are still plenty of openings for human shields like the last four that got kidnapped. Step up to the plate and show us what you're made of. Wuss! You too can end up with your head in a basket for the cause of these peaceloving Minutemen! Be the first one on your block to have your head mounted on the mantle! Now that would be a statement I could admire. Greatly! ;-)

Man, what a bunch of moonbats! Sometimes it makes you wish all the good guys would simply lay down arms and let these bastions of humanity face really true evil. Up close and personal. I can only shake my head and wonder at the sheer idiocy of the Left. What a trip! ROTFLMAO! :-o

Posted by: JarheadDad at December 11, 2005 06:44 PM

Hey, "JarheadDad". It doesn't sound like I'm the one with "p*nis envy". Oooooohhhhhhh, it sound like you one tough sob, man. Me no want to mess with too tough yankee dude, man.

Maybe you want go rape little boys, like Abu Ghraib? Ok, you go. You tough, tough, yankee dude.

Posted by: Alfredo Stroessner at December 11, 2005 07:49 PM

Great comeback Alfred! Whew! I don't know how I can face carrying on! *sniff*

Naw Alfraido, I'm a Southern boy. Yankees live north of the Mason/Dixon Line. I would've expected you Euro types to know that since you seem to know all about how bad America is for the world and how bad everything American is in general. Including American history and geography. At least get to know who it is your side is getting it's butt kicked by. It will help lessen the pain. Trust me! ;-)

Geez, even the pantywaists are no fun anymore. *sigh* Now crawl back into your hole like a good little Fascist and wait for us to allow you permission to come out. You know, like a groundhog? You know groundhogs? They're hairy little creatures afraid of their own shadows. Sound familiar Alfraido?

Don't you hate it Freddy when there's not a dam* thing you can do about anything but whine and cry like the little sissy you are? Man, if I was as worthless as you I'd do the honorable thing and just end it all. Need any help? LOL!

Good ol' American arrogance huh Freddy? Man, it must really suck to be you. Aw, this is just simply too easy. You really ought not bring a knife to a gunfight Freddy! There are just way too many stereotypes you folks have in your wee teeny little pea brains about us that can be used for the sake of entertainment. Still LMAO!!! :-o

You might also want to look up satire in your Funk and Wagnalls if you'd like to play. It's always good to know the rules. At least for those of us that actually live by them. But then I guess we couldn't expect you to understand that either! After all, imperialist camel rapers don't live by rules, right? ;-)

When's your flight to Kuwait? We can probably hook you up with a ride into Fallujah so you can offer your services as a human shield. There's a real premium for suicide drivers that would really make a statement for you and make your family proud. Which would be almost better but without the loving souvenir of eternal peace like your head on a stick for viewing! Of course you may have to move ten or twelve times to catch the cowards that are running to offer your heroic services but hang in there, you could be well on your way to your world changing endeavor with a little patience. Just let us know and we'll handle the travel arrangements! Oh no.....! :-o

Posted by: JarheadDad at December 11, 2005 08:40 PM

So, JD, why don't both you and your son/daughter get off welfare and get a real job? You know, the type where you produce a tradeable good or service. It just might raise your self-esteem.

While you're at it, (actually working, that is), why don't you get the entire shit-eating white trash US of A to start working, instead of living off the labor of the rest of the world.

It's called W-O-R-K-I-N-G (just in case you haven't heard it before and need to learn how to spell it). Instead of stealing, raping, Nazi genocide, try WORKING. Produce some wealth. Don't just pillage and plunder.

Posted by: Alfredo Stroessner at December 11, 2005 09:29 PM

Instead of stealing, raping, Nazi genocide, try WORKING.

My. How impressive.

What is it they say about Godwin's Law? First thing to be introduced when someone has lost an argument?

Instead of calling other people names and accusing them of crimes on no evidence, trying coming up with a coherent argument. It's called THINKING.

Or is that too difficult?

I thought so.

Posted by: Cassandra at December 12, 2005 03:40 AM

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! LMAO!

Man, and this is what is considered critical thinking on the Left? he-he! How Howard Deanish of you! :-o

Have you hit all the Left talking points yet Alfred? Let's see; Nazis, camel rapers, lower class military, imperialism, dead Marines are good Marines, national theft, genocide. Why shoot man, you could run for orifice on the Dem ticket!

I'm still waiting for you to sign up for a suicide bomber stint. C'mon man! Think of all those innocent children you can blow apart. If you're really good, and they supply you with the proper drug induced stupor, you can maybe even kill women as well. What a hero to the Jihad you would be. You would become immortal and a martyr. Of course you'd still be dead but that's nothing but a thing. You would go down in the annals of history as the coward you truly are. Unfortunately you wouldn't reach anywhere near the 3/4 million that Saddam wasted but you'd do you part for the Heroes of Allah!

Or again you could join the Jihad Johnnies with an AK in your hand. Think of the opportunities man! You could rip open the guts of little five years olds, pack them with explosives, and roll them out in the street to detonate them and kill Marines. Oh the Glory. The Honor! You would be revered. When you catch that .50 cal sniper bullet in your brain you can go out in style! Think of it man. You could be one of Ted Kennedy's frontline Minutemen and die a hero's death! Best hurry though, your heroes no longer hold any ground anywhere within the country. They've lost the west after controlling 11 cities in Anbar and killing, raping, and terrorizing thousands of innocents. You'd have to reduce yourself to taking potshots and burying bombs in the dirt but there's still glory to be had. If you hurry!

You're wasting time Alfraido. We await you with pregnant anticipation! :-o

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Posted by: JarheadDad at December 12, 2005 06:26 AM

Cassandra and JD, two dupes to the state. Yes, it gets tiring doing the THINKING for lemmings like the two of you. But a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

When the state calls, the two of you, your sons and daughters, and millions of other brainwashed, indoctrinated morons like you, click your heels to attention and willingly slaughter other folks by the millions.

You pour gasoline on people, you rape them, you run over them with tanks, crushing them. Let's see, you attach electrical wires to their genitals and turn up the juice. You saw off their limbs.

I'm just waiting to hear you say that Jesus supports you.

Posted by: Alfredo Stroessner at December 12, 2005 09:26 AM

I'm sorry but I can't even take this cowardly punk seriously anymore.
His posts remind me of a line from Ghostbusters
"Sir, what you had there was what we refer to as a focused, nonterminal, repeating phantasm or a Class Five Full Roaming Vapor. A real nasty one too."
(as in real smelly)

If this creature from the shallow end of the gene pool can cite single instances of abuse that have been investigated and the perpetrators punished...abuse that is not sanctioned or supported by the military, all the while ignoring the Islamofascists' carbombing of small children, the use of retarded children as suicide bombers,
the halal butchery of NGO's in Iraq, and the fact that it is supported, encouraged and IS the policy of said Islamofascists, there is no hope in having a conversation with the twit. He's hopeless and clueless. Let's just pray that he hasn't reproduced. No child would deserve a "man" like this as a father.
I don't think we need to worry too much about the last part anyway. He doesn't appear to be able to find his ass with both hands in his back pockets AND a map...much less anything else in the same.....region.

Posted by: Carrie at December 12, 2005 10:13 AM

Alfredo, you are rapidly wearing out your welcome here at MCM. You came in, vomited your bile all over the comments section and then insulted my friends. They are well able to take care of your idiocy, but this is your first and last warning. Either construct a coherent argument or run back to DU/Kos/trollheaven. Whatever.

Deb

Posted by: Deb at December 12, 2005 10:43 AM

Ah, yes. JD, Cassandra, and NOW!, CARRIE!! I must be having an effect on those brave, brave Americans. The only word they seem to know is "coward".

The policy of the US has ALWAYS been genocide. Perhaps you have forgotten the "Civil War". Perhaps you have forgotten all the Indian wars. Perhaps you have forgotten the Spanish-American War. Perhaps you have forgotten all US actions in Central America. Actually, I doubt you have forgotten them as you have to actually know something to "forget" it.

As for punishing those found guilty of "abuse", as you term it, official policy is don't get caught!

Posted by: Alfredo Stroessner at December 12, 2005 10:50 AM

Deb, I apologize for not including you in my latest comments. Forgive me.

Coherent arguments have no effect on the brain dead.

Posted by: Alfredo Stroessner at December 12, 2005 10:53 AM

One more thought: For all you brave, brave Americans, why don't you give us the email address for LTC Christopher J. Stark IN USAR
so we can include him in little discussion.

I like to see this tough sob force Murtha, me, or anyone else to leave a room.

Posted by: Alfredo Stroessner at December 12, 2005 10:56 AM

I'm sure that LCMDR Stark has other things to do with his time than play rope-a-dope. LOL, I would like to witness you meeting him or his son or any other Marine. I think you'd not only leave, you'd be running out the door with your ego and what little dignity you possess in shreds. Genocide? Yes, that's why our troops are holding fire if there is a remote possibility that a civilian might be harmed (while insurgents/terrorists are holding civilians as human shields).

Your earlier post:
You pour gasoline on people (sorry, that's South Africa)

you rape them (nope, that was Saddam and other murderous regimes)

you run over them with tanks (try China)
crushing them (again, this was Saddam)

Let's see, you attach electrical wires to their genitals and turn up the juice (no, while the prison incident was regrettable, no electicity was ever applied. And those responsible were tried and convicted, unlike other nations who encourage this)

You saw off their limbs. (No, this is North Korea. Are you thinking of the head sawings perpetrated by the Al Quaida thugs? Not us.)

Have you actually talked to anyone who has been in Iraq and witnessed what is actually going on? Each of us who have bothered to respond to you have. We know what we're talking about, in contrast to you who continues to post lies and insults. Keep it up and you're outta here. I'm a firm believer in freedom of speech but I don't have to put up with garbage spewed on space that I pay for.

Deb

Posted by: Deb at December 12, 2005 11:22 AM

Go ahead, Deb. BAN ME!

~~~~~offensive language snipped by Deb - I don't allow language like this in my living room and it won't happen in this newsgroup either.~~~~~

Perdition on the US military and those of you who support them.

Posted by: Alfredo Stroessner at December 12, 2005 12:00 PM

Handled like a true lady, Deb.
Too bad the person in question couldn't behave like a gentleman or anything even aproximately close to that.

Posted by: Carrie at December 12, 2005 01:31 PM

Alfredo, out of curiousity, which country are you from?

Posted by: Deb at December 12, 2005 01:34 PM

Madam,
Since you are so concerned about "language", the language you should be concerned with is the enablement of US genocide and torture. On a daily basis there is derision of those who speak the truth of US military torture and mass murder.
Are we in Soviet Russia? Are we in Nazi Germany?

As you have taken to censoring my comments, censor this: Why the claims the US is "stealing" wealth? Because other countries, read Iran, Saudi Arabia, etc. send us TANGIBLE goods, oil, for which we provide in return WORTHLESS, IRREDEEMABLE PAPER. Since Bretton Woods, 1944, all world commodities MUST be sold in US Dollars, WHICH HAVE NO VALUE. Who enforces this? Why the Marxist US military and those who enable the US military, namely the American people.

Shamefully and abominably, the US people refuse to acknowledge this and their subsequent guilt.

Posted by: Alfredo Stroessner at December 12, 2005 02:04 PM

Gosh Deb... when did we get to *rape* people? I'm not even sure I have the right equipment, but heck, I'm game if you are.

You know, I always miss all the really juicy parts....the hooking up of generators to people's naughty bits - I thought that was Kedward's thing? I'd hate to think I was horning in on his action.

Dang.

Just ignore 'Fredo if you don't want to ban him. He's the type of mongrel idiot who feeds on upsetting other people.

Posted by: Cassandra at December 12, 2005 02:05 PM

Oh Dear Lord.

What an ass.

Posted by: Cassandra at December 12, 2005 02:07 PM

What country are YOU from, Fredo?

Posted by: Carrie at December 12, 2005 02:41 PM

I should remark on Fettucine's earlier comment to me.
You either need a new American History comic book or a better moonbat to English dictionary.
The word "genocide" has a very distinct meaning and you have abused it and stretched it to mean things it was never meant to.
Simplistic at best.
Mentally ill is more like it.

Posted by: Carrie at December 12, 2005 02:48 PM

You go, Alfredo! Tell it like it is. And for what it's worth, Deb, thanks for having the decency to allow people with opposite opinions from you to post here. Most members of your tribe do not have such decency.

The war in Iraq is over. We lost. Maybe it is because the commander in chief is an alcoholic and a coke addict. Maybe it is because it was a losing proposition to try to defeat terrorism by blowing men, women and children to smithereens, using white phosphorous and maybe napalm on civilians, etc.

I understand that families of Marines killed or maimed in action are desperate to believe that their loved ones did not suffer in vain. I understand you want to believe that these honorable, brave and idealistic men and women weren't sent off to be slaughtered like lambs by a lunatic.

But the truth is, your loved ones WERE and ARE being sent off to be slaughter by a delusional alcohohlic who thinks god talks to him.

The truth is, the war in Iraq is about occupation, not liberation.

The only question is when brave, honorable, dedicated, noble, patriotic Marines and their families will have the guts to just say no to king dubya the nutcase.

Posted by: cassandra at December 12, 2005 04:49 PM

Evidently, all Cassandras are not created equally . . . or with equal intellect. ;-)

Deb
who can tell the difference

Posted by: Deb at December 12, 2005 06:48 PM

I doubt any of the hard-core USMC folks will get this far. My guess is they don't like to read that much. Reading forces you to think, and thinking is not a skill necessary when taking orders based on honor that requires ignorace of the facts.

Fact:
George Bush and his son are members of a family who are The Ownership of the American Oil Industry; their holdings probably rival the gross domestic product of small countries. Of course George is just like all of us, though. A regular country guy. Has a twang. Chops wood like Lincoln. Just happened to go to Yale. Only once and a while walks hand in hand with Middle Eastern Royalty. And has a Trillion dollar business. But he's just like us.

Fact:
During each Bush tenure we have gone to war in the middle east. Coincidentally, the region of the world which has the greatest remaining reserves of oil.

Coincidence? Really? Has anyone here read Smedly Butler? He was one of the most highly decorated Marines of his day, someone who recognized that while our boys are blithely marched off to war for God and Democracy, their real commander in chief was Wall Street, the Bankers and international money men, now represented by our own Saudi Royals, the Bush Family. But sleep on, America, you are dreaming, dreaming of houses, and fat Cadillac SUV's, and of God, Apple Pie and Democracy. You are blind, and some of you will pay for it with your lives, your blood to seep down into the sand to mingle with oil.

SMEDLY BUTLER, General USMC: WAR IS A RACKET
FROM A SPEECH DELIVERED IN 1933:
“War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.

I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a nation comes over here to fight, then we'll fight. The trouble with America is that when the dollar only earns 6 percent over here, then it gets restless and goes overseas to get 100 percent. Then the flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag.

I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

There isn't a trick in the racketeering bag that the military gang is blind to. It has its "finger men" to point out enemies, its "muscle men" to destroy enemies, its "brain men" to plan war preparations, and a "Big Boss" Super-Nationalistic-Capitalism.

It may seem odd for me, a military man to adopt such a comparison. Truthfulness compels me to. I spent thirty- three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle- man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.

I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested.

During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.”

Posted by: Ghost of Smedly Butler at December 12, 2005 07:24 PM

Man! I go away for awhile and someone empties a fruit basket! heh!

cassandra with a little "c"? You just simply do not get it and never will. First you do not understand warriors and their families. Second you do not understand that we have already won in Iraq and are simply facing an insurgency. Third you have not once asked the opinions of these Marines or families what they know to be true. You see "c", we KNOW the truth. We are not led around by talking points and hatred of an administration. We KNOW the enemies we face and the battle that is being waged is righteous and golden. That is just something you will never understand until you pull your head out of your anal cavity and face the evil firsthand.

That's why you have us and our loved ones. We face that evil for you and give you the right to spew your hatred. You cannot intellectualize evil. Nor can you appease it. You cannot blame an administration for 9/11 but you can readily forget it while trying to intellectualize the evil that perpetrated such acts. Forget trying to think of the evil we face as something within your realm of experience and comprehension. It is not nor will it ever be within your ability to grasp pure evil in it's basest form. You have no life experience to understand and comprehend but you'd best be hitting your knees and praying you and your idiot posse do not get your wish or you will all of a sudden face that very life experience first hand. Up close and real personal.

This is why we laugh at you and your brethren on the Left. You just simply have no concept of what it is you are even railing against. To us you sound like nothing more than bratty spoiled children and we just sigh and continue our patient duty. WE are the ones that sacrifice. WE are the ones that believe in such archaic terms such as God, Duty, Honor, Country. And until you walk a mile in those shoes then we will continue to treat you like the inept seditious fools we know you to be.

And per usual it is liking talking to a brick wall. Your intellect cannot fathom the depth of hate and evil so it cannot be real. So you crank up the fire under the dancin' chicken and try to force you fears away through intellectualism when what you face is as basic as human nature. There but by the Grace of God go you and you'd best hope we do not fail. Either domestically or in our continued fight against terrorism or you WILL have to prove your own personal mettle at simply surviving.

You know, I do not know why I even bother. Facts, truth, proof, they all mean nothing with you people. You do not even consider why the troops themselves believe in the mission. You want to paint them, and us, as being mind-numbed robots while we are the only folks that know what is happening for real. By sacrificing our lives and the lives of our loved ones to protect you. Funny how that works.

Oh well, crank it up and here's hoping you really never need to truly face what we and our loved ones face on a daily basis. I honestly do not believe there are enough Depends in production to handle all the Lefties that will piss themselves when faced with the truth we face every day. Sad but true!

Posted by: JarheadDad at December 12, 2005 07:41 PM

Oh, prissy, prissy, prissy boy JD is at it again. JD, why don't you get a real job, man? Get off welfare and do some real work. The evil you speak of is the US. We face it every day.

JD, would you think any differently had you been born in Soviet Russia? No, you'd still support your own state. If you'd been born in Nazi Germany? No, you'd still want to kill all the juden.

Posted by: Alfredo Stroessner at December 12, 2005 08:07 PM

It's not worth wasting too much more time trying to de-delude y'all. Sometimes I think that once someone buys into the idea that there's a daddy up in the sky looking over everyone, they'll fall for any nonsense.

The bottom line is that anyone with half a brain realizes that the United States of America has lost the war in Iraq. It's all over except for sending a few more brave, honorable Americans off to be slaughtered for naught.

I understand how desperate you all to believe that your loved ones have not suffered and sacrificed in vain. I understand how painful it is for you to admit you were duped by a guy who claims to be a Christian. But I don't understand why you are so happy to send more of America's bravest off to be killed and to kill for nothing.

By the way - when an American soldier gets his arms and legs blown off by an Iraqi patriot who's pissed about having his country invaded, do you think he takes comfort in the fact that y'all have yeller ribbons on the butts of yer SUVs?

Posted by: cassandra at December 13, 2005 08:30 AM

Jarhead Dad and Alfred belong on a different site!
Prayers and well wishes to all of our men and women serving honorably for our country. These men and women have not and do not have the privilage to "just say no." They serve at the order of the President of the United States regardless of their personal belief, and they answer the call to serve unselfishly. I only hope that when we are finsihed (and we will) that the promised success will be a secure Iraq wherein the people can walk their street in relative safety, free of aggression, and one in which they can have a hope of prosperity as they and their cultural norms prescribe. I would truly not like to see this result in the same futility as Vietnam or Somalia.
All personal belief aside, Powell was correct when he laid out our strategy in Iraq the first time, and there is nothing wrong in expecting that our leaders should have a clear objective, and be willing to use ALL the resources available to completely overwhelm our enemy. And then get our forces out, and allow the peacemakers to take over-which according to President Bush is not the military.
Bless our forces this holiday season, may they return safely home soon, but with the honor they so richly deserve.
1st Sgt USMC (retired)

Posted by: Larry Woods at December 13, 2005 11:19 AM

I totally disagree about Jarhead Dad, Larry.
He's a good friend to Deb, Cassandra and newly good friend to me. We share some common bonds.
The rest of your post...from your mouth to God's ear.

Posted by: Carrie at December 13, 2005 01:59 PM

There is one question that liberals will NEVER answer. They will ignor it or they will ridicule it, but NEVER answer it. That question is:

How many Americans MUST die before the US is allowed to take military action?

The President believed that Sadaam, as did the French, the Russians, the Germans the UN, the British, President Clinton, and even John Kerry, was a threat. Must there have been a death toll first to prove it? Does anybody remember that under President Clinton the Congress stated that it was the goal of the US to remove Sadaam?

Next year when Iran or Israel drop nuclear bombs on each other and the liberals cry "why wasn't something done to stop that?", maybe because the US death toll wasn't high enough.

Posted by: Ron at December 15, 2005 08:57 AM

Alfredo, Those Iraqi patriots you mentioned are not even from Iraq. They're coming into Iraq from other countries. why is it that today, millions of Iraqis are voting for the own democratic government. Are we holding a gun to each and every one of their heads and forcing them to the polls. If they refuse to vote for freedom, will we shoot them? I see this war just like the Vietnam War but not in the way you communists do. During the Vietnam War, there was a famous N. Vietnamese general who said the only way to defeat the Americans is not militarily, but to get their news media and leaders in Congress to believe they have been defeated and then they will go home. That's exactly what's happening now and I'm convinced it's part of the enemies plan through brainwashing dumb communists like you and cassandra. In your minds, America is always the bad guy and always deserves to suffer. The facts are that were it not for America, the common language for Europe would be german and there would be no freedom anywhere. I'm curious to know just what you to would do differently in Iraq. What's your plan and remember, you can't reason with these fanatics, so think hard for another way. I anxiously await your ideas.
brian

Posted by: brian at December 15, 2005 09:23 AM

Jack Murtha is like Dan Rather, who thinks he was in the Marine Corps, Suprise Dan you were never in the Corps! You must complete Boot camp to call your self a Marine, you didn't! Mutha used the Corps to engrtiate himself. Jack Murtha you make me sick, you big bag of hot air

Posted by: Al Stillwell at December 17, 2005 09:44 AM

Jack Murtha is like Dan Rather, who thinks he was in the Marine Corps, Suprise Dan you were never in the Corps! You must complete Boot camp to call your self a Marine, you didn't! Murtha used the Corps to engrtiate himself. Jack Murtha you make me sick, you big bag of hot air

Posted by: Al Stillwell at December 17, 2005 09:47 AM

Posted by: Al Stillwell at December 17, 2005 09:47 AM

Posted by: Al Stillwell at December 17, 2005 09:48 AM

LTC Christopher J. Stark IN USAR is a coward...

Murtha fought in Korea and Viet Nam while this pos fights behind a keyboard...

tough guy...threatening a hero...

the best that can be said about the pos is that he's a good marksman at paper targets while others do the fighting...I pray I am in that room...I'll give him a dose of manners he'll NEVER forget...

Posted by: Arthur at December 19, 2005 07:22 PM

Art,why the hard ass mentality? I bet you never served in the Corps! Murtha does NOT deserve to be called a Marine.

He's now labled a coward in every MARINE'S eyes. I hope we can meet in a room someday. I'll be the Marine opening a can of whoop ass.

Posted by: phil at January 14, 2006 02:49 AM